Single layer PCB
Printed circuit boards or PCBs, are used to connect electronic components and these boards are commonly used in a wide variety of electronic devices. Single sided printed circuit boards are a type of circuit board that has the conductive copper and components mounted on one side of the board and the conductive wiring connected on the other side. These PCBs are one of the most commonly produced boards as they are very simple and basic to make. Single sided PCB’S have been around since the late 1950s and still dominate the world market in sheer piece volume. Single-sided printed circuit boards are easily designed and quickly manufactured. They serve as the most cost effective platform in the industry.
- The cost of manufacturing and producing single sided circuit boards are very cost-effective and affordable due to the simple and basic designs. These types of PCBs are widely understood by various manufacturers which makes single sided boards the best choice for circuit designs that are simple and low density.
- As single sided boards are less complex, there will undoubtedly be fewer problems during the manufacturing stage, which enables manufacturers to produce these boards at higher volumes and at faster speeds. Due to this, they are commonly used in many applications and electronics.
- With higher volume orders, single sided circuit boards can be more affordable and available at reduced costs.
- Power supplies
- Relays (automotive and industrial)
- Timing circuits
- Sensor products
- LED lighting
- Radio and stereo equipment
- Packaging equipment
- Coffee maker
- Vending machines